Setra Färila förbereder för att ta emot och såga brandskadat timmer från de skogsbränder som härjat...
Local competence and specialists for next generation’s cartonboard machine
ÅF is the consultant for four out of five sub-projects for BillerudKorsnäs new cartonboard machine, Next Generation.
The local office in Karlstadhas the primary responsibility for implementing this multi-billion investment at the Gruvön plant.
ÅF designs all process sections in detail, except for the building itself or the foundation works.
– BillerudKorsnäs has already cooperated extensively with us and we are a big local player in the pulp and paper business. We have also done a lot of works at the existing plant through the years. Our local presence, together with our skilled process specialists and ÅF’s ackumulated knowledge makes us a safe and competent partner, says Anders Berglund, Market Area Manager for the Industry in Värmland and upper Dalsland, as well as for pulp and paper business at ÅF.
Since the Karlstad region is a stronghold for the pulp and paper industry, ÅF has been able to
strengthen its expertise in the pulp and paper industry in Karlstad and expand to include more than 150 people at its Karlstad office. This means that the local office is strong and can execute projects efficiently.
– The Next Generation project requires local presence and to know how the plant actually looks – and we have that,” says Peter Lettenström, project manager.
Anders believes that it is the combination of ÅF’s process specialists and the local commitment that is the key to success, and the reason why BillerudKorsnäs chose ÅF as a partner.
– Of course, we appreciate a lot that BillerudKorsnäs chooses us for four of five sub-projects. The proof that we are doing the right thing is that our customers believe in us, he says, and continues:
– At the same time, this gives ÅF the opportunity to contribute to more board products and organic materials in the world. Sustainable development is very important to us, and we work hard with that aspect and have high standards internally in this area. We are also one of the first companies to measure our sustainability.
The scale of the project is comprehensive for ÅF and means a lot of work for the Karlstad office, says Anders, but stresses that this does not imply that the office is drained of resources.
– We have many other projects going on at the same time. Our goal is to be the local partner that can provide additional resources to our customer, while making major commitments where we make the best of ÅF’s combined strength, says Anders.
The customers’ confidence in ÅF increases the number of assignments, and the company needs new employees.
– We employ many new graduates from school so we can together with our partners guarantee the regeneration in the industry.
ÅF’s extensive network of individual or small companies help us find the right resources for our assignments. But we are constantly looking for more new employees.
ÅF’S TURNOVER FOR THE FOREST INDUSTRY WAS IN 2017
APPROXIMATELY SEK 400 MILLION, NUMBER OF CONTRACTS: 2000.
At the Karlstad office, ÅF has a large number of projects underway. Examples include
BillerudKorsnäs Frövi’s steam system rebuilding, Stora Enso Skoghall’s new chemical plant for chlorine dioxide production and bisulfite, Stora Enso Skutskär’s conversion of TM7 to fluff production, Rottneros’ new biofuel boiler.
For more information on vacancies check out www.afconsult.com/sv/jobba-hos-oss/lediga-jobb
ÅF’s process experts are involved with problem solving and operational optimization of existing operations, but primarily with investments in the industry, from initial idea to implementation project.
Outside Sweden, we have sales of SEK 20 million in the forest industry in South America, South Africa and Europe. We provide industry-experts that can consult the customer when new lines or plants are being built and capacity increases. Our process experts for implementation projects are involved in
water-balances, energy balances and other plant balances, and can also be helpful in the purchase of equipment and the implementation of process-dimensioning, says Mattias Redeborn, Unit Manager for Forest Industry at ÅF.